Name: Marie Conboy
Professional title: Editor at the Bow Valley Crag & Canyon.
1. Are you originally from the Bow Valley? If not, where are you from and why did you move here? I am originally from the emerald Isle of Ireland. I moved to Canada six years ago, after living all over BC and Alberta, I ended up in the Bow Valley for work and I love it here. It’s a real mountain town with real mountain people and it has the best backyard mountain playground!
2. If you didn’t do what you do for your career, what would you do? I’d like to make journalistic documentaries.
3. Last book you couldn’t put down? I read a lot every day, mostly articles and research with work, but the last book I enjoyed was The Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.
4. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to right now? 106.5 Mountain FM tunes on the radio when I’m driving around.
5. Best concert you’ve ever seen live? It would have to be the Foo-Fighters live at Slane Castle or Coldplay in Edmonton last year.
6. What’s your favorite thing or activity to do in the Bow Valley? Trail Running with the Canmore Trail Runners and the Dirtbag Runners.
7. Where is your favorite place to eat out in the Bow Valley, and what are you having?
There are so many good places to eat out in the Bow Valley! But if I have to choose… I love Italian food so Castello Ristorante in Banff is a treat but a good craft beer and food at the Grizzly Paw always hits the spot.
8. Which person, alive or dead, would you like to have dinner with? Steve McQueen or Michael Collins!
9. What is your favorite travel destination, and where would you love to visit?
Lake Como in Italy is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, and I’d like to visit Ireland because I haven’t been home in nearly two years and my mother keeps nagging me to visit!
10. What are your words to live by? Onwards and upwards.